gadgets

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Things Wasted

Why, as human beings, do we waste things? We waste money, love, TIME, and countless other things.

I buy things labeled as wants when I should have bought something that's necessary.

God has given us great gifts. Our bodies and our minds and our hearts. With our bodies we can give service and love. We can be happy through being humble and giving; selfless and kind. With our minds we can attain knowledge and share that knowledge with others. We have the ability to observe; observe those who need a kind word, love, and a friend. With our hearts we can actually give this love.

But we seem to waste these gifts in some way everyday. Some may not be actively searching for knowledge. There are those who are searching but not for the right kind of knowledge. Others may ignore someone in need. We give love to things that have no importance in the whole scheme of things. Things like clothes, celebrities, TV shows, cars. We waste our minds by "stimulating" it with things like Family Guy or South Park, magazines, and gossip.

I am a procrastinator. I don't know why because I hate it when it happens. For example, I have been needing to clean my room for over a week. Each time I walk into my bedroom, that's what comes to my mind, "WOW, I really need to do something about this." And for the past two weekends and even a night here and there during the week I've set aside some time to get it done. But when the time comes, I find myself doing other things. Things like facebook, planning and researching my wedding, blogging, or the just laying in bed relaxing(aka napping). But at the end of the day, I've accomplished nothing and I can feel it.

We are all under the illusion that we have time to do whatever we want but in reality we have very little time. I wonder how much time I would have if I added up the hours wasted on frivolous things. Thinking of all the things I could have done with my time depresses me. But that's in the past and the only thing I can do is move on and be better.

I will try to not waste anymore. I'm going to begin to think of ways to better spend my gifts.

No comments: