gadgets

Monday, March 29, 2010

Manic Episode

Have you ever sat and cried for no reason? Have you ever lost it? Was in the presence of another person? Well, let me tell you a little story about the day I lost it. It was last Wednesday.

The stress had been building up for a couple days. Makayla and Kennedy had been brats that day and the previous. After work, we went to my parents house, to love on baby Keldon and play Apples to Apples. We get there and guess what, NO KELDON. Disappointment 1 of the night..

Disappointment 2? My mom changed her mind and forced my favorite little brother to go to mutual. So that meant no Apples to Apples. At least, not till later. Disappointment 3? There was no dinner, (dinner is part of the reason I go to my parents because I love my moms cooking). I ended up having a bowl of cheerios.

Then while everyone was out for the night, I decided to do something nice for my parents. Christopher and I cleaned the house. Did we get a thank you when everyone got home? NO. I didn't get squat. That was disappointment 4. And then, to make matters worse, we stayed till 11:30, which is WAY past my bedtime.

So by the time we were on our way home, I was on the verge of a melt down. I remember telling Chris something I was worried about and asking a question. Now, to make things clear, it wouldn't have mattered what his response was, the reaction would've been the same. All of a sudden, this burning sensation began to take over my body. I snapped. I started raising my voice. I WAS MAD. About this time, we were pretty close to my house.

We pulled up and I continued into the house. I don't remember how long I argued but I do remember bringing up things that didn't even upset me. I just wanted to fight. Finally, as my manic episode subsided, I became a waterfall. Tears began streaming down my face because I realized I had gone insane. As the tears stopped I fell asleep and when I woke up, I was perfectly fine and the night before seemed like a dream.

Can you believe Chris didn't run away in utter terror?

No comments: