gadgets

Monday, October 10, 2011

Worth Waiting For


One day at church, not long after I had graduated high school,
we sang the song
I broke down in tears. 

The spirit testified to me of the importance of the temple
I knew that I wanted to go to the temple,
that I was going to do anything and everything to get there.

So over the next 2 years, I prepared myself
I changed
My testimony grew
I learned who I was
I was a Daughter of God

As I watched my cousin get baptized this past weekend
and as we sang the same song 
I remembered that experience I had years ago. 

As I rubbed my growing belling
and looked at my handsome husband,
I knew that I had made the right choice. 

I knew that because of her parents actions
and their desire to do what's right, 
Our daughter would be sealed to us for eternity. 


I pray for my children
my cousins 
My brother
My sisters-in-law
For the kids in primary 


I pray that they will know who they are
that they will be strong,
be different,
be patient. 
That they will wait.

Because it is
WORTH WAITING FOR



No comments: