gadgets

Thursday, October 20, 2011

50 Rules for Dads of Daughters




I happened to notice last night that I was starting to bulge/bust out of my DD bra.
Fantastic. 
NOT. 
We are trying to buy a new car. 
I do not have money to spend on new bras! 

I was still upset and depressed about it this morning. 
Made my whole week. 
 Here are a few of my favorites. 


 

1. Love her mom. Treat her mother with respect, honor, and a big heaping spoonful of public displays of affection. When she grows up, the odds are good she’ll fall in love with and marry someone who treats her much like you treated her mother. Good or bad, that’s just the way it is. I’d prefer good.

16. Take her fishing. She will probably squirm more than the worm on your hook. That’s OK.
(Growing up, I always wished my dad would take me fishing.)

18. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise.

28. She will eagerly await your return home from work in the evenings. Don’t be late.

34. Somewhere between the time she turns three and her sixth birthday, the odds are good that she will ask you to marry her. Let her down gently.
36. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this.

44. Write her a handwritten letter every year on her birthday. Give them to her when she goes off to college, becomes a mother herself, or when you think she needs them most.


I don't feel so bad about my changing body anymore. 
She's worth every bit of it.

No comments: